News & Updates
I am Md. Mofijul Islam, currently working as a Lecturer at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Dhaka. I completed M.S. and B.Sc(Hons) in Computer Science and Engineering from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Dhaka.
My research interest broadly lies at the intersection of theoretical and practical machine learning to solve real world problems. Specifically, I am interested in working on research problems which are related to machine learning, transfer learning, optimization, graphical probabilistic models, and interpretable ML.
I love to write code with background music and participate in hackathons, programming and software contests. During my free time, I like to travel new places.
- 09 April 2019: Two papers accepted in TENSYMP 2019
- 03 April 2019: Received a small research grant from University Grants Commission(UGC), Bangladesh Government for a research project:Domain Adaptive Transfer Learning for Multi-task Learning Model
- 11 March 2019: Accepted into Cornell, Maryland, Max Planck Pre-doctoral School 2019(05-10 August 2019)
- 04 March 2019: “A Gray Box Interpretable Visual Debugging Approach for Deep Sequence Learning Model”, accepted in ICLR-2019 Workshop: Debugging Machine Learning Models
- 04 March 2019: Received a scholarship to attend 7th Workshop on Collaborative Scientific Software Development to be held at the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), in Trieste from 29 April 2019 to 10 May 2019.
- 11 February 2019: “NEWSTRADCOIN: A Blockchain Based Privacy Preserving Secure NEWS Trading Network”, accepted in IC-BCT 2019.
- 22 January 2019: “Two Phase Authentication and VPN Based Secured Communication for IoT Home Networks”, accepted in MIND-2019.
- 23 November 2018: “A Hierarchical Learning Model for Claim Validation.” accepted in IJCCI-2018
- 31 August 2018: “BARD: Bangla Article Classification using a New Comprehensive Dataset.” accepted in ICBSLP-2018
- 01 July 2018: Second Runner-up in True Augmented Reality Challenge-2018.
- 15 April 2018: “iProtGly-SS: IdentifyingProtein Lysine Glycation Sites Using Sequence and Structure Based Features”. Accepted in Proteins Journal-2018.
- 22nd December 2017: Received NVIDIA Academic GPU Grant.
- 27th November 2017: “RAiTA: Recommending Accepted Answer using Textual Metadata”, accepted in Springer IEMIS-2018
- 18th November 2017: “VIM: A Big Data Analytics Tool for Data Visualization and Knowledge Mining”, accepted in IEEE WIECON-ECE-2017
- 11th November 2017: attended International Collegiate Programming Contest-2017(Dhaka Regional) as a coach
- 10th September 2017: Joined Dept. of CSE, University Dhaka. I spend a great time with students and dear colleagues at United International University.
- 09th September 2017: Conducted a workshop on IEEEXtreme11.0 at United International University.
- 11th June 2017: Conducted a session on Kotlin at Google I/O Replay Dhaka-2017.
- 27th May 2017: Published journal, Mobile Cloud-Based Big Healthcare Data Processing in Smart Cities, in IEEE Access
- 24-25th March 2017: Arranged Intra-university CSE Fest 2017 at United International University.
- 09-10th March 2017: Attended NCPC(National Collegiate Programming Contest)-2017 as a Coach at CUET.
- 14th January 2017: Conducted a workshop on Android Mobile Application Development at University of Dhaka.
- 7-9th January 2017: Attended NSysS-2016 Conference, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Current Mailing Address:
Department of CSE(Science Complex),
Room 408, University of Dhaka